Training on offer in May for prospective childminders
Shropshire Council and University Centre Shrewsbury are offering an online training course next month for people interested in a new career as a registered childminder.
The ‘Introduction to Childminding’ training will run on 23 and 24 May 2022.
This four part online training will cover:
- Part 1: Preparing to become an Ofsted registered childminder and set up a childminding business.
- Part 2: Implementing the Learning, development, and assessment requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (2021).
- Part 3: Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) and what this means in practice.
- Part 4: Implementing the Safeguarding and Welfare requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (2021).
The dates of the training are:
- Monday 23 May 2022: Part 1: 10am – 12pm and Part 2: 1pm – 3pm https://cpd.ucshrewsbury.ac.uk/catalogue/1712
- Tuesday 24 May 2022: Part 3: 10am – 12pm and Part 4: 1pm – 3pm https://cpd.ucshrewsbury.ac.uk/catalogue/1879
The total cost of the course is £40.
All four parts of the training must be accessed to enable certification.
It meets the requirements set out by Ofsted for prospective childminders to have completed a course that enables them to understand and implement the requirements of the Statutory Framework for Early Years Foundation Stage (2021) prior to registration.
Would you like to work from your own home, choosing the hours you work and the services you provide in a career where no two days are the same?
Could you provide a home environment that is safe and stimulating, providing lots of opportunities for children to play, explore and develop?
Can you offer childcare provision, which is professional, flexible, and able to meet the needs of individual families?
If so, becoming a registered childminder may be for you!
To book a place click on the link for each part (see above) or contact the University Centre Shrewsbury CPD Team on 01743 297168 or visit https://cpd.ucshrewsbury.ac.uk/