Coronavirus: Free vaccination shuttle service to end after successful month
The free shuttle bus service for residents getting vaccinated at either of two Shrewsbury sites will end on Saturday (29 May 2021).
The service, which was reinstated last month, has seen hundreds of passengers hop on board to head to either the Shrewsbury Indoor Bowls Centre or Severn Fields Medical Practice to get their jab.
After a successful month, it will stop after the last journey on Saturday.
Organised by Shropshire Council in partnership with Arriva, the shuttle buses have provided a service for residents across Shrewsbury who may have had difficulty getting to their appointments.
The council will, however, continue to offer free bespoke transport to vaccination centres for vulnerable residents who have no other means of transport. Details of this can be found using the contacts below.
For local advice and support during the pandemic (especially if you are self-isolating), call Shropshire Council’s COVID-19 Helpline on 0345 678 9028 – option 0 (lines open throughout the week 8am-6pm, and Saturdays from 9am-1pm) or visit our website at www.shropshire.gov.uk/coronavirus.
The COVID-19 vaccination programme is currently open to everyone aged 30 or over.
The NHS is also sending text reminders to people who have not yet taken up their offer of a jab, and to people overdue their second dose, to ensure nobody is left behind.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 or a positive test result please do not leave your home and self-isolate immediately. For more guidance click here
- People without symptoms of COVID-19 should test twice a week – find out more here
- The NHS will contact you when your vaccination is ready or to find out if you are already eligible click here
- Indoor gatherings are limited to 6 people or 2 households
- Face masks should be worn in indoor settings unless you are exempt
- Remain cautious when meeting with people outside your bubble
- Follow the hands-face-space-fresh air guidance
- Continue to work from home if you can
- You should continue to follow the guidance even if you have been vaccinated