Coronavirus: Free vaccination shuttle bus service in Shrewsbury to resume
Residents booked to have a vaccination at Shrewsbury Indoor Bowls Centre or Severn Fields Medical Practice, Shrewsbury can hop on a free bus again to their appointment from Monday 26 April 2021.
Two free shuttle services, arranged by Shropshire Council in partnership with Arriva, will be reinstated to take people to the vaccination centres off Sundorne Road, Shrewsbury.
Service VS1 will run Mondays to Saturdays every hour, and VS2 will run every 30 minutes on a revised route Mondays to Saturdays.
VS1 will serve Bayston Hill, Meole Brace – Moneybrook Way, Abbey Foregate – Shirehall – and Monkmoor Road.
While VS2 will serve Harlescott Park and Ride – York Road – Mount Pleasant – New Park Road – Sultan Road – and Ditherington Road.
The timetable can be found online here.
Customers wishing to use the shuttles should only do so to travel to a vaccination appointment.
There is no need to show proof when you board, but face coverings must be worn at all times (exemptions apply). Customers are asked to follow social distancing rules wherever possible by not using seats which have been taped off.
All buses undergo a daily enhanced cleaning regime, which includes deep cleaning of all touch points with a suitable disinfectant.
Step Up and help us stop the spread of coronavirus:
- Work from home, if you can
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms
- Wear a face covering in indoor settings (food shops, workplaces) where social distancing may be more difficult, and where you may come close to people who are not part of your household or bubble.
- Anyone who has any symptoms should book a test and not leave home for at least 10 days. Those living in households should self-isolate for 10 days if they or any members of the household receive a positive test.
Any vulnerable residents unable to get to their vaccination appointments, and not able to use the free shuttle bus service, can contact the council for help. A free transport offer https://newsroom.shropshire.gov.uk/2021/04/vaccination-transport-500-journeys/ can be booked by contacting the council’s COVID-19 Helpline on 0345 678 9028 and selecting option 0.
Please also ring our COVID-19 Helpline for local advice and support during the pandemic (especially if you are self-isolating). Lines are open Mondays-Fridays 9am-5pm, and on Saturdays from 9am-1pm, excluding Bank Holidays, or visit our website at www.shropshire.gov.uk/coronavirus