Shropshire Disability Network’s big challenge: how three became four
News from our partners Shropshire Disability Network
Recently Shropshire Disability Network published an article on their website about a challenge that they are taking part in. The news article was about 3 Muskebears, 22 Brave Volunteers, raising funds for 3 Charities! They now bring updated news of how 3 became 4, together with information on how you can support Jess’s Gang-The Titan Challenge.
Those of you who know their Secretary, Ann Shaw, will know she has made it her mission to ‘rescue’ teddy bears. She scours charity shops searching out the unloved bears who have been given away and offers them a new home in the ‘Bear Pit’.
The story began with Murphy, who was sitting on her chest when she woke up from an operation in 2012. He is named after the surgeon who did the operation. Happily, Murphy acquired a brother in March this year. Alf is the spitting image of his brother. Murphy and Alf have a very good friend who lives in Bromsgrove. He is Cuddles, Jess Hiles’ constant companion.
All three are very excited to be involved in the Titan Zip Wire Challenge on Saturday 6 October 2018.
On a recent visit to the Barnardo’s Charity Shop in Market Drayton, Ann came across a very sad looking bear, calling out to be rescued. When she brought Maude home, Alf and Murphy persuaded her to join their adventure in North Wales.
So, the Three Muskebears are now the Four Muskebears. Cuddles will be in purple for MacIntyre, Alf will wear blue for Guide Dogs and Murphy will be in cerise for SDN. Maude will be wearing orange for Safe Places Shropshire.
For those who have not heard about this challenge click here: https://shropshiredisability.net/3-muskebears-22-brave-volunteers-raising-funds-for-3-charities/
The charities who will benefit are:
- MacIntyre – a national charity that has been providing support to people with learning disabilities for 50 years
- Guide Dogs – a national charity that supports blind and partially sighted people to enjoy the same freedom of movement as everyone else
- Shropshire Disability Network (SDN) – We thank Jess, for choosing us.
To read more about the challenge and to sponsor online, click this link: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-display/showROFundraiserPage?userUrl=JesssGang&isTeam=true
We thank those who have already sponsored this event. How can you help?
- Sponsorship. If you would like a sponsorship form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 07780 852229
- Sponsoring: Every £1 will help Jess, reach her target of £1,500, enabling each charity to receive £500
- Promoting: Share this news item with friends and families and tell people about it.
- Support on the day: We would like many people to come along on Saturday 6 October to cheer those taking part.
For further information, please contact Ann, our secretary by email email@example.com or call 07398 350255.