Businesses urged to consider joining the Trader Register to boost custom
Do you want your business to stand out above the rest? Do you offer professional, high quality work with excellent customer service? If you operate a home improvement business within the county, then you are eligible to apply for the Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin Trader Register. The easiest way to complete your application is to go online at www.traderregister.org.uk or call 0345 678 9000.
The register is a joint initiative between Shropshire Council’s public protection service and Telford & Wrekin Council’s public protection service, and currently has over 200 local home improvement traders listed, ranging from plumbers and electricians to gardeners and cleaners.
Steve Charmley, Shropshire Council’s Cabinet member responsible for public protection, said:
“Businesses registered with the scheme have all demonstrated their commitment to fair and honest trading practices and delivering good customer service. I urge all traders to consider joining the Register, to further boost the reputation of Shropshire businesses.”
Benefits of membership include:
• Independent recognition of your business standards
• Proof of membership by a Membership Certificate for display on your premises, and use of the scheme logo on your vehicles, business paperwork and publicity material
• A Trader Guide, containing legal advice and information relevant to your business area
• Free legal advice regarding fair trading, consumer and business law
• A Complaint Resolution Procedure. In the event of a dispute, a representative from the public protection service will offer legal advice and mediate between the two parties. This element is highly valued by businesses, and can save considerable time, money and stress
• Promotion of the register
• Full business contact details are listed on the Trader Register website, including links to the business’ own website where applicable.
Membership of the Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin Trader Register is subject to an annual membership fee which is currently £95 (inc VAT, pro rata).