News from our partners: Voluntary and community 2023 State of the Sector survey report published
News from our partners Voluntary and Community Sector Assembly
The Voluntary and Community Sector Assembly (VCSA) has published its 2023 State of the Sector Survey report. The report is based on the data collected from VCSA member organisations, as well as a State of the Sector survey which is conducted in the spring.
The report contains data and analysis for VCSE organisations across Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin. It includes comparisons with last year’s State of the Sector survey results, as well as insights from data gleaned from other sources such as The Charity Commission, Pro Bono Economics, 360 Giving and more.
The highlights of the survey results were shared at this year’s Annual Assembly in July 2023, but now the full report is available for download.
The report’s insights include the following conclusions:
- The sector is a major employer and economic contributor to the county.
- Experiences working with statutory partners have been mixed.
- Staff and volunteer recruitment and retention is a growing concern.
- Service demands are increasing and likely to continue to do so.
- Financial concerns in the sector present a risk to sector benefits.
- There is demonstrated need for funded infrastructure support to the VCSE sector across Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin.
Julie Mellor, co-chair of Shropshire VCSA and CEO of Taking Part, said:-
“These reports really demonstrate the impact and influence of the voluntary sector across Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin. Our organisations, workforce and volunteers really do make a difference to the lives of people who live in our communities and neighbourhoods.
“I am very proud to be part of this sector and the success we have achieved.”