More roads to be resurfaced and surface dressed in June
Four more Shropshire roads are set to be resurfaced in June 2023 – with a further 31 due to be surface dressed.
Resurfacing work is being carried on the following roads out as part of Shropshire Council’s resurfacing programme for the year 2023/24.
More information can be found by entering the appropriate reference number on the One.Network interactive website.
- 5–13 June: A41 – Hand Lane to Telford & Wrekin Council area boundary (Ref 4310326)
- 12–20 June: U7719 – Stowe (Ref 36501207)
- 19-23 June: The Square to Riddings Lane, Stottesdon (Ref 4300824)
- 26-30 June: C1053 – Montford Bridge Village (Forton Bank) (Ref 34701539)
The roads have been identified via a combination of local engineering judgment and asset management data as being in need of resurfacing. The sites form part of a countywide programme of schemes, scheduled to deliver the work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
Meanwhile, the following roads are to be treated in June as part of this year’s surface dressing programme. Dates and details can be found on the One.Network website, by searching for the appropriate reference number.
- B4579 – SELATTYN/YSGUBORISSA (Ref 29610555)
- STATION ROAD, WESTON RHYN (29600344)
- A5 ROUNDABOUT TO RHYN PARK SCHOOL (29600499)
- QUINTA TERRACE (29610634)
- ST MARTINS ROAD (29600981)
- OVERTON ROAD (28201178)
- A488 MINSTERLEY ROUNDABOUT (34700720)
- ALLFIELD LANE (34701245)
- MOUSECROFT LANE (34700742)
- CROWMEOLE LANE (34700317)
- SHRAWARDINE TO A5 (34701250)
- STONEY STRETTON TO YOCKELTON (34800415)
- HAUGHTON TO EBREYWOOD (34701470)
- EBREY COTTAGE TO HEATHSIDE (34701521)
- PRESTON GUBBALS TO ELLESMERE ROAD (34701437)
- UPTON FORGE ROAD (34701696)
- EMSTREY BANK TO ATCHAM (34700375)
- UPPER COUNT TO ACTON BURNELL (34701510)
- GYPSY SITE BERRINGTON TO PITCHFORD (34701240)
- ACTON BURNELL TO KENLEY RURAL (34701253)
- CHARLTON HILL HOUSE TO CHARLTON (34701497)
- CHARLTON HILL TO RUSHTON (34800438)
- COPPICE GREEN, SHIFNAL (4301343)
- LEIGHTON (34800409)
- BUILDWAS TO DISTRICT BOUNDARY (34701283)
- SHEINTON ROAD (34701331)
- STOCKING LANE JUNCTION TO RUDGEWOOD (4310277)
- HARCOURT ACCESS TO JUNCTION LITLEY HOUSE (4300959)
- DODDINGTON TO EARLS DITTON (FOXWOOD) (34800358)
- FOXWOOD 60MPH TO HOPTON WATER 40MPH (36500217)
- WOOFERTON – GOSFORD (36500755)
A full list of roads to be surface dressed this year can be found here.
Surface dressing is a quick, efficient and cost-effective way of preventing potholes, maintaining skid-resistance and waterproofing road surfaces. It forms a major part of our annual road maintenance programme, and is being carried out alongside other preventative and reactive maintenance work.
Surface dressing involves applying and rolling aggregate ‘chippings’ onto a bitumen binder. It will seal the surface, improve surface texture and prolong the life of the road by many years.
The following roads were resurfaced in May
- U2925 – Berrisford Road, Market Drayton, from junction with Great Hales Street to 30mph (Ref 28200059)
- U8183 – Barke Street, Bridgnorth (Ref 4300040)
- U8339 – Langland Road, Cleobury Mortimer (Ref 36500246)