More roads set to be resurfaced across Shropshire
A further 30 stretches of road in Shropshire are set to be resurfaced in the 2023/24 financial year, as Shropshire Council and its partners Kier and WSP continue their programme of work to improve the county’s roads.
The sites have been identified via a combination of local engineering judgement and asset management data as being in need of resurfacing. The sites form part of a countywide programme of schemes, scheduled to deliver the work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
To ensure value for money, roads that are likely to need costly repairs in the future are prioritised.
Dates and details each scheme will be added to this interactive map once known. The map can be searched using the reference number for each site in the list below.
Richard Marshall, Shropshire Council’s Cabinet member for highways, said:
“We’re committed to improving our roads and making them safer for all road users. Our annual resurfacing programme is an important part of this and represents a significant investment in the county’s roads. It will greatly improve stretches of roads across Shropshire and help to prevent potholes and other problems occurring in the future.
“I’m sure the work will be welcomed by people who use these stretches of road and I thank people for their patience and understanding while this important work is carried out.”
Meanwhile more than 60 stretches of road across Shropshire are set to be treated this spring and summer as part of Shropshire Council’s annual surface dressing programme.
Some dates may change, depending on operational considerations and weather conditions.
The roads set to be resurfaced, with map reference first, are:
- 34701657: U5504 – Plealey Lane. Longden To Plealey Villa, Longden
- 34701539: C1053 – Montford Bridge Village (Forton Bank)
- 29600716: U0725 – Maes-Y-Clwdd Enterprise Centre, Oswestry
- 34800246: B5069 – Cross Street, Oswestry
- 28200958: U2914 – Cherry Way, Market Drayton
- 29600267: B5069 – Oswald Road, Oswestry
- 34700979: C1062 – Shrewsbury Road, Bomere Heath
- 36501207: U7719 – Stowe
- 34700725: C7205 – Monkmoor Road, Shrewsbury
- 34700639: C7115 – Longden Road, Shrewsbury
- 28200059: U2925 – Berrisford Rd, Market Drayton (from junction with Great Hales Street to 30mph)
- 29600325: B4579 – Shrewsbury Road, Oswestry
- 29600083: B4397 – Ruyton-XI-Towns
- 36500719: A4117 – Cleobury To Lembrook Bridge Rural
- 4300040: U8183 – Barke Street, Bridgnorth
- 4310326: A41 – Hand Lane to Telford & Wrekin boundary
- 4301170: C4162 – Junction Haughton road to A5
- 4300292: C4233 – Hall Road, Ditton Priors
- 36500454: Teme Street, Burford – junction through to county boundary
- 28200689: U2410 – Wellgate, Wem
- 4300457: A41: M54 to C4178 Newport Road
- 29600085: B5069 – Church Street, Oswestry
- 28200827: A41 – Tilstock Island approaches
- 36500246: U8339 – Langland Road, Cleobury Mortimer
- 34700911: B4380 – Longden Road Island, Shrewsbury
- 36500289: B5069 – High Street, Bishop’s Castle
- 4300824: C4237 – The Square to Riddings Lane, Stottesdon
- 28200399: C2082 – Church Street, Prees
- 4300437: B4363 – Mill Street, Bridgnorth
- 36500381: B4371 – Sandford Avenue, Church Stretton – west of A49