Latest flooding information: UPDATE Monday 16 January 3.30pm
Flood barriers are in place in Frankwell, Shrewsbury, and will remain until further notice. Flood defences at Coleham Head were removed yesterday (Sunday 15 January 2023) afternoon.
While river levels remain high, flood waters are continuing to recede. Our crews are out cleaning up roads and footpaths that are now accessible.
With the weather turned much colder from today, road users are urged to take extra care and beware of ice, particularly on untreated roads.
Eight Flood Warnings and five Flood Alerts remain in Shropshire.
Bridgnorth and surrounding areas
River levels are currently 4.56m (at 3pm on Monday 16 January) and holding steady. We hope to start lifting road closures early this week as the river begins to fall.
- Southwell Riverside
- Severnside South Road and The Boat Yard
- Doctors Lane
- Severn Terrace
- Riverside and Friars Street
- Footpath from Bylet to Wellmeadow
Car park closures
- Riverside Car Park
- Riverside West Elevated Resident Car Park
Any displaced resident permit holders holding a valid permit may park on Innage Lane Car Park or Severn Street Car Park.
Llanymynech and surrounding areas
A Flood Warning is in place for the River Vyrnwy at Maesbrook and Melverley.
Large areas of Melverley and Pentre will remain inaccessible for the next few days; however, our crews will start clearing roads as soon as levels allow.
Flood Alerts are in place for both the Upper and Lower Teme catchments.
Flood Warnings are in place for the River Severn at Frankwell, the West Mid Showground and The Quarry in Shrewsbury.
- Gravel Hill Lane
- Sydney Avenue
- Atcham to Cross Houses and Chiltern Farm Lane
- Old Coleham
- Victoria Avenue
- Cressage to Eaton Constantine
- Towpath closed from Greyfriars Bridge to The Weir
- Towpath closed from The Pig trough to West Mid Showground
- Towpath closed from New Street to The Stew/Frankwell Riverside Car Park
Shrewsbury bus station
This reopened earlier this morning (Monday).
Car park closures
- Frankwell Riverside Car Park – closed due to occupation by our partner the Environment Agency.
- Frankwell Main Car Park – closed until further notice.
- St Julian’s Friar’s Car Park – closed until further notice. Please do not park in any car parking spaces even if water drops, as we have the clean-up operation to undertake and parked cars prevent us cleaning sediment and debris from the car park. St Julian’s Friar’s Resident Permit Holders can use Abbey Foregate Car Park and are asked to park ideally on the top tier.
- Raven Meadows Multi-Storey Car Park open for daytime parking, but Raven Meadows has a two way flow for access to the MSCP and The Strand. Access is from Meadow Place.
- Abbey Foregate is open, but with reduced spaces.
Flood support for residents and businesses
- If there is immediate risk to someone’s life or serious risk to safety due to flooding call 999
- If you are concerned about the welfare of an elderly or vulnerable person due to flooding and it is not something that could reasonably wait until normal office opening hours please call on 0345 678 9044
- For enquires about sandbags call 0345 678 9006. Please dispose of your used sandbags safely. More information can be found at Shropshire Council Sandbag Policy | Shropshire Council
- If you become homeless or at risk of being homeless due to the flooding please contact us on 0345 678 9005
- For information about what do after a flood visit After a flood | Shropshire Council. For health advice after flooding visit Your health and flooding | Shropshire Council
- For further flood information and advice visit Drainage and flooding | Shropshire Council
- Flooding may cause you to feel anxious, stressed or worried. Please talk to someone if you are struggling with your mental health. Shropshire MHS: 01743 368647 or firstname.lastname@example.org Access: 0808 196 4501 or email@example.com Samaritans 116 123.
- UKHSA also offers a guide to mental wellbeing after a flood.
- For all general customer enquiries call 0345 678 9000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website www.shropshire.gov.uk
- Sign up to the latest flood information and advice at Sign up for flood warnings – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Follow Shropshire Council on: