More Shropshire roads to be resurfaced in August
A further eight stretches of roads across Shropshire are set to be resurfaced in August as part of Shropshire Council’s annual resurfacing programme.
The roads to be treated – with dates of work – are:
- 25 July to 2 August: C6196 Mardu Lane
- 1 to 6 August: C4249 Oreton Bank to Honeysuckle
- 1 to 12 August: C4174 – Cross Road, Albrighton
- 1 to 12 August: C4174 – Cross Road, Albrighton -The Sheiling to High Street junction
- 15 to 19 August: Calcutts Road, Jackfield
- 22 to 26 August: Oldbury Road, Bridgnorth
- 25 August to 9 September: Shrewsbury Road, Oswestry
- 30 August to 7 September: A41 from A5 Pickmere roundabout to Telford and Wrekin border
For more information about each scheme, see and search the interactive map on the one.network website.
In total more than 40 stretches of road are set to be treated this year as part of Shropshire Council’s annual resurfacing programme.
Dean Carroll, Cabinet member for highways, said:
“We’re committed to improving our roads and making them safer for all road users. Our annual resurfacing programme is an important part of this and represents a significant investment in the county’s roads. It will greatly improve stretches of roads across Shropshire and help to prevent potholes and other problems occurring in the future.
“I’m sure the work will be welcomed by people who use these stretches of road and I thank people for their patience and understanding while this important work is carried out.”
Each scheme is planned, managed and carried out by Shropshire Council and its partners in the Shropshire Highways alliance, Kier and WSP.
The sites have been identified via a combination of local engineering judgment and asset management data as being in need of resurfacing. The sites form part of a countywide programme of schemes, scheduled to deliver the work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
To ensure value for money, roads that are likely to need costly repairs in the future are prioritised.
For more information about resurfacing and surface dressing visit the Shropshire Council website.
To see a list of other planned highways maintenance work due to be carried out in August, click here.