Abbey Foregate in Shrewsbury to be resurfaced
Abbey Foregate in Shrewsbury is to be resurfaced from The Column roundabout to its junction with Monkmoor Road.
Work is due to take place from 27 June to 5 July , Monday to Saturday – from 9.30am to 4pm.
The work is being carried out by Shropshire Council and its partners in the Shropshire Highways Alliance, Kier and WSP.
During the works, access to businesses and properties will be maintained, and pedestrians, cyclists and other non-motorised vehicles will be able to pass through.
A diversion will be in place for all other traffic.
For more information please visit the One Network website.
Every effort will be made to reduce noise and disruption for those nearby.
The dates are subject to change due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
Any changes will be displayed on the yellow advanced warning signs.
How will this affect traffic?
Signs will be erected in the street/road prior before starting the works and the work will be completed as quickly as possible. A fully signed diversion route will be in place whilst work is carried out.
Will there be access to properties/businesses?
Yes. We will have staff on site who are able to assist with access. Our priority is to keep people and our staff safe. There may be a bit of a wait while we make the site safe for people to travel through to your property.
During the closure access to the works area will be restricted to:
- Essential highways personnel.
- Local residents who live and reside within the road closure.
- Businesses located within the closure (if applicable).
- Pedestrians, dismounted cyclists and equestrians.
- Emergency service vehicles
Buses won’t be allowed through, but there is a bus stop just outside the work site boundary (within walking distance).
Waste collection vehicles will be allowed through to make collections.
How can you people help?
People are asked to ensure that vehicles are not parked on the road whilst the work is in progress. Should this cause any problems or concerns then please call 0345 678 9006 or speak to the team on site.
And please follow this advice:
- Please keep children away from the works to ensure their safety.
- Please drive appropriately through the works.
- Check your shoes before entering your property or car to make sure there is no bitumen from the works. (Tar remover can help with the removal of accidental tar).