Coronavirus: News from our partners – Local 16- and 17-year-olds encouraged to grab their COVID-19 jab
News from our partners NHS COVID-19 Vaccination Service
Young people living in Shropshire, and Telford and Wrekin, aged 16 and 17 are now able to get their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine at one of our local vaccination clinics, as part of the national “Grab a Jab” campaign from today (Friday 13 August 2021).
This news comes as the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) issued new advice last week that all 16-and 17-year-olds receive a first dose of the Pfizer vaccine.
Young people these ages can get their jab at one of our walk-in clinics across the county. The walk-in clinics offer a convenient option, as people can drop in at any time between the advertised opening hours without making an appointment.
The following clinics are available for 16- and 17-year-olds:
- Louise House, Meole Village, Roman Road, Shrewsbury SY3 9JN
- Friday 13 August, 10am to 2pm
- Pussycats Night Club, 17 Tan Bank, Wellington, Telford TF1 1HJ
- Saturday 14th August, 2pm to 6pm
- Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Hospital, Gobowen, Oswestry, SY10 7AG
- Friday 13 August – Monday 16 August, 8.30am-5pm
- Shrewsbury Indoor Bowls Centre – Shrewsbury Sports Village, Sundorne Road SY1 4RQ
- Friday 13 August, 8am-6pm
- Saturday 14 August, 8am-6pm
- Teldoc Malinslee Health Centre, Church Road, Telford, TF3 2BF
- Friday 13 August, 8.30am-6pm
- Saturday 14 August, 8.30am – 1.30pm
- Sunday 15 August, 1.30pm – 8pm
- Monday 16 August, 8.30am – 6pm
- Woodside Pharmacy, Park Lane Community Centre, Park Lane, Telford, TF7 5QZ
- Friday 13 August, 8am-5pm
- Saturday 14 August, 9am – 1pm
Steve Ellis, Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin vaccination programme lead, said:
“The local COVID-19 vaccination programme has already been really successful, with over 670,000 first and second doses given to people living in Shropshire, and Telford and Wrekin.
“We are really pleased to be able to open up vaccinations to 16- and 17-year-olds and to protect even more people against coronavirus so that we can get back to doing the things we love as quickly as possible.
“I would encourage anyone who is 16 or 17 to come forward for their vaccination as soon as they can.”
More details on our walk-in clinics for all age groups can be found here: COVID-19 vaccination walk-in clinic times (stwics.org.uk)