Coronavirus: New pick up points set-up for free Covid lateral flow test kits in Shropshire
Everyone across Shropshire will now be able to pick up free lateral flow Covid-19 home testing kits from sites across the county.
The new collection points for the lateral flow tests will be available at libraries and leisure centres across the Shropshire from Monday 12th April.
- Shrewsbury Library
- Oswestry Library
- Whitchurch Library
- Bridgnorth Library
- Church Stretton Library
- Market Drayton Library
- Bishop’s Castle Library
- Ludlow Library
- Church Stretton Leisure Centre, Shrewsbury Road, Church Stretton SY6 6ER
- SpArC Bishops Castle Leisure Centre, Brampton Road, Bishops Castle SY9 5AY
- Much Wenlock Leisure Centre, Farley Road, Much Wenlock TF13 6NB
- Roman Road Sports Centre, Longden Road, Shrewsbury SY3 9DW
- Idsall Sports Centre, Coppice Green Lane, Shifnal TF11 8PD
Opening times can be found here
Other collection points include:
PCR Testing Centres
- Shrewsbury COVID-19 Testing Centre
Shirehall overflow car park (opposite the White Horse Pub), London Road, Shrewsbury SY2 6NS
- Oswestry Covid-19 Testing Centre
Beatrice Street car park, Oswestry SY11 1QW
- Ludlow Smithfield Car Park
25 Lower Galdeford, Ludlow SY8 1RN
Walk in, symptom-free testing centres
We are also encouraging anyone who collects a home testing kit to complete a test on site to gain an understanding of what you need to do.
- Theatre Severn, Frankwell Quay, Frankwell, Shrewsbury SY3 8FT
- The Lantern, Meadow Farm Drive, Harlescott, Shrewsbury SY1 4NG
- Halo, Craven Arms Community Centre, Newington Way, Craven Arms SY7 9PS
- Stage Door Theatre, Aston Street, Wem, SY4 5AY (From Saturday 10 April)
- Bridgnorth Community Centre, Severn Street, Low Town, Bridgnorth WV15 6BB
- Raven House, 129 Cheshire Street, Market Drayton TF9 3AH
- The Victoria Centre, Victoria Road, Oswestry SY11 2HT
Several Shropshire pharmacies also offering in person testing, as well as collection. Several Tests can be booked online using www.1centralhealth.co.uk/shropshirelft
The lateral flow kits can provide results in around 30 minutes.
If you are unable to collect testing kit in person, you can order them for home delivery.
Adults over 18 years of age can pick up a maximum of two kits each per visit for their own use.
Instructions on how to use the tests and record results are included with the kits.
People with symptoms of COVID-19 should NOT take a rapid test. Instead, please stay at home and book a PCR test online or by calling 119.
Rachel Robinson, Shropshire’s Director of Public Health said:
“We now have collection points across the whole of Shropshire, making it much easier for everyone across the county to access this rapid testing, free of charge.
“Symptom-free testing plays an incredibly important role in preventing the spread of the virus, stopping outbreaks before they can happen, and ultimately protecting the most vulnerable people in our communities.
“I would encourage all households to make sure they get hold of these tests and use them twice a week if possible.”
Anyone who tests positive with an LFD at home must self-isolate immediately and arrange to have a further PCR test. To book a test visit gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test or call 119.
For local advice and support during the pandemic (especially if you are self-isolating), call Shropshire Council’s COVID-19 Helpline on 0345 678 9028 (lines open throughout the week 9am-5pm, and on the weekend on Saturdays from 9am-4pm and Sundays 9am-12pm) or visit our website at www.shropshire.gov.uk/coronavirus.