Updated list of litter picks alongside Shropshire roads published
An updated and extended list of litter picks to be carried out alongside roads across Shropshire has been published.
Work is being carried out by Shropshire Council and its service provider Kier in the coming weeks, and is being undertaken due to the substantial amount of litter alongside these important stretches of road.
Some will be carried out during the day, and some will be done overnight.
Where work is taking place on dual carriageways, lane closures or diversions may be needed.
Work will be taking place as follows. Some of the litter picks had been due to start in early March 2021 but the dates have now been revised.
Litter picking locations and planned start dates (all weather-permitting)
- A49 from Preston roundabout to Sundorne roundabout – 29 March
- A49 from Sundorne roundabout to Battlefield roundabout – 29 March
- Redfern Lane A5 – Holyhead section to Felton Butler roundabout – 31 March
- Holyhead Road A5 – Shrawardine to Holyhead Road section – 31 March
- A5 from Shrawardine junction to Churncote roundabout – 31 March
- Welshpool Road A5 – Woodcote to Churncote roundabout – 31 March
- B4386 from Yockleton Ford Heath junction to junction with A5 – 8 April
- A5 from Preston roundabout eastbound to Telford boundary – 19 April
- A5 from Edgebold roundabout to Bayston Hill roundabout – 19 April
- A5 from Wrekin district boundary to bridge over for Upton Magna – 19 April
- A5 from Bayston Hill roundabout to Emstrey roundabout – 19 April
- A49 from Ludlow to Church Stretton – 6 April
- A458 Atcham Road junction to Much Wenlock boundary – 2 April
- A458 – Churncote Island to Welsh Boundary inc. laybys – 6 May
- A495 – Newton Bends to Welshampton – 22 March
- B5069 junction with St Martins Road Rhewl to junction with St Martins Road Maes-y-Graig – 23 March
- A495 from Llanyblodwell junction to bridge over former railway line – 23 March
- A53 from Tern Hill roundabout to Adderley Road roundabout – 26 March
- Junction of A483 to Maesbury village – 24 March
- Whittington to Welsh Frankton – 25 March
- A41 Tilstock roundabout to Wrexham Road roundabout – 29 March
- Weston Road from Morda FC to Maesbury Road – Completed
Litter picks and start dates still to be confirmed
- A41 Clive Barracks to Sweet Appletree crossroads – 6 April
- B4368 High St End Clun-Craven Arms Road – 3 April
- A454 From Hermitage Roundabout to Hilton – 5 April
- A464 Shifnal to Albrighton – 13 April
- White Gates Aston on Clun, continue through to Clun Road and down to Craven Arms – 14 April