Coronavirus: We are making it easier for unpaid carers to book their vaccinations
We are now making it easier for unpaid carers to book their COVID-19 vaccinations.
In the past few days, we have contacted over 1,000 people across Shropshire and Telford and Wrekin to help them book their jab.
We have received lots of calls and emails from carers enquiring about the vaccines. We are working hard to get back to everyone, so please bear with us – we will get back to you.
If you have already contacted our carers centre to register your details with us, you do not need to contact us again and we will be in touch with you.
If you are an unpaid carer and haven’t already been contacted by us, please now call us on 0345 678 9011 (Monday-Friday 8am-6pm and Saturday 9am-1pm)
The details we will need from you include:
- Your full name
- Your caring role
- Your NHS number
- Contact number/email
If you get a call from an 0345 number, please pick up – it may be us trying to contact you to book your vaccine.
You may also be invited by you own GP, if registered, and may choose to receive your vaccination via this route.
Thank you for your patience.
Step Up and help us stop the spread of coronavirus:
- Stay At Home
- Work from home, if you can
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms
- Wear a face covering in indoor settings (food shops, workplaces) where social distancing may be more difficult, and where you may come close to people who are not part of your household or bubble.
- Anyone who has any symptoms should book a test and not leave home for at least 10 days. Those living in households should self-isolate for 10 days if they or any members of the household receive a positive test.
For local advice and support during the pandemic (especially if you are self-isolating), call Shropshire Council’s COVID-19 Helpline on 0345 678 9028 or visit our website at www.shropshire.gov.uk/coronavirus.