Let us know how our pubs are operating across the county
Shropshire Council has received a number of reports about pubs across the county breaching national lockdown restrictions.
With 1168 new COVID-19 cases reported in Shropshire last week, it is critical for all pubs that are continuing to trade to follow the above rules and implement relevant COVID-19-secure work place measures to suppress the spread of the virus.
The council is now urging residents and businesses to provide feedback on whether pubs are open and if you are using their services to report how well the pubs are complying with the below restrictions and implementing COVID-19-secure measures. Please provide feedback to email@example.com or contact 0345 678 9067 and select option 4. Your details will not be shared with any business.
Your feedback will inform us of any problems there are, but it’s also important that we know when pubs are doing well and are complying with the restrictions and putting appropriate measures in place; so, please let us know what’s good and what’s not. Officers will then use the information to focus on problematic pubs and ensure that action is taken to protect the public and staff.
Please let us know, if pubs are:
- Allowing customers to enter premises to order and collect takeaways
- Operating drive through or click and collect services
- Operating delivery services
- Supplying alcohol through takeaways, drive through or click-and-collect
And also if they have implemented measures, such as those listed above:
- Preventing customers from consuming food or drinks at any adjacent seating
- Delivery drivers are observing social distancing at doorsteps
- Face coverings are being worn by customers entering premises to collect takeaways
- Queuing and entry to premises for takeaways are being managed
- Queuing for click and collect services are being managed
What can pubs continue to do?
Pubs can continue to trade in Shropshire during the current lockdown in the following ways:
- They may sell food and non-alcoholic drinks on a takeaway basis between 5am and 11pm. This means that customers can enter the premises to place and collect their order. They can also sell food and non-alcoholic drinks via drive through or click-and-collect, where the goods are pre-ordered by phone (including by text message), online, via a mobile app or post, and collected without customers entering the premises.
- The may sell food and drinks, including alcohol, through delivery services where the goods are pre-ordered by phone (including by text message), online, via a mobile app or post.
- They must not allow customers to consume food or drinks from any adjacent seating to the premises.
For local advice and support during the pandemic (especially if you are self-isolating), call Shropshire Council’s COVID-19 Helpline on 0345 678 9028 – option 0 (lines open on the weekend on Saturday from 9am-4pm and Sunday 9am-12pm) or visit our website at www.shropshire.gov.uk/coronavirus.