Coronavirus: Public feedback sought on COVID-19-secure measures at essential businesses
If you see something that doesn’t look right, let us know.
We are keen to hear your feedback on the COVID-19-secure measures put in place by essential businesses such as supermarkets.
A record number of COVID-19 cases were reported in Shropshire last week, which means measures put in place to stop the spread of the virus and keep both shoppers and staff safe are more important than ever.
Shropshire residents are being urged to give their feedback – both good and bad – using an online form on the council’s website. People can also get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0345 678 9067.
Please let us know, if measures such as these are in place:
- Social distancing
- Face coverings being worn
- If queuing and entry to premises is managed.
All the information we receive is treated in the strictest confidence and will help protect both the public and staff.
Gwilym Butler, Shropshire Council’s Cabinet member for communities, place planning and regulatory services, said:
“As a council, we are working closely with local businesses to ensure that they are following Government guidance to keep customers and workers safe. Most local businesses have gone above and beyond to ensure they have COVID-19-secure measures in place. It is important to recognise and value the steps that businesses are taking during these difficult times to keep people safe.
“A ‘COVID-19 secure’ business helps restrict the spread of coronavirus. This will help Shropshire get back on its feet, build up our local economy and prevent further restrictions being placed.”
Our advice for essential shopping during lockdown:
- When out and about you should practice social distancing and stay 2 metres away from anyone not in your household or support bubble
- Wash your hands on your return home for 20 seconds and avoid touching your face
- You should make your trips as infrequent as possible
- You may still wish to rely on family, friends and neighbours to pick up supplies for you
- It is mandatory, for those that can, to wear a face covering inside shops.
For local advice and support during the pandemic (especially if you are self-isolating), call Shropshire Council’s COVID-19 Helpline on 0345 678 9028 (lines open on the weekend on Saturday from 9am-4pm and Sunday 9am-12pm) or visit our website.
Keep up to date by signing up for COVID-19 updates here