Coronavirus: Our local support offer to you during Lockdown
We are here to help.
That’s the message to Shropshire residents from Dean Carroll, Shropshire Council’s Cabinet member for adult social care, public health and climate change.
As the four-week national lockdown gets underway, here Dean talks about the support available to anyone who needs it.
Help us stop the spread of coronavirus:
- Stay At Home
- Work from home, if you can
- You can only meet one other person not in your household or bubble, outdoors in a public place, socially-distanced.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms
- Wear a face covering in indoor settings (food shops, workplaces) where social distancing may be more difficult, and where you may come close to people who are not part of your household or bubble.
- Anyone who has any symptoms should book a test and not leave home for at least 10 days. Those living in households should self-isolate for 14 days if they or any members of the household receive a positive test.
- You can book a test by calling 119 or click here
For local advice and support during the pandemic (especially if you are self-isolating), call Shropshire Council’s COVID-19 Helpline on 0345 678 9028 (lines open on the weekend on Saturday from 9am-4pm and Sunday 9am-12pm) or visit our website at www.shropshire.gov.uk/coronavirus.