Coronavirus: Public’s feedback sought on COVID-19-secure measures at local businesses
Shropshire Council has launched an online form where people can give feedback on COVID-19-secure measures at local businesses. The form can be completed here.
Our regulatory services team are proactively engaging with businesses, and are now providing this online service where the public can reach out to us with any concerns, knowing that their details will not be shared.
It’s also important to let us know what businesses are doing well so that we can promote the examples of good practice. This is a simple form which can be completed in a matter of minutes.
We want to hear the good and the bad, so that we can focus our work on the businesses and measures that need the most support.
We are keen to hear about the following measures:
- Social distancing
- Table service
- Face coverings being worn
Gwilym Butler, Shropshire Council’s Cabinet member for communities, place planning and regulatory services, said:
“As a council we are working closely with local businesses to ensure that they are following the Government’s guidance to keep customers and workers safe. Most local venues have gone above and beyond to ensure they have COVID-19-secure measures in place. It is important to recognise and value the steps that businesses are taking during these difficult times to keep people safe.
“Members of our regulatory services team are making regular visits to venues to ensure measures are in place to help stop the spread of coronavirus, but we always welcome feedback from the public.
“I want to reassure both businesses and the public that we are here to help.
“A COVID-19-secure business helps restrict the spread of coronavirus. This will help Shropshire get back on its feet and build up our local economy.”
Step Up and help us stop the spread of coronavirus:
- Work from home if you can
- Limit contact with other people
- Keep your distance from people not in your household bubble (2 metres apart where possible)
- Stick to a maximum group of 6 people when meeting socially – indoors or outdoors
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms
- Wear a face covering in any enclosed public places and public transport, along with any indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult and where you will meet people you do not normally meet.
- Anyone who has any symptoms should book a test and not leave home until they have either a negative result, or they have isolated for at least 10 days, or until 48 hours clear from fever – whichever is the longest.
- People living in households with a positive case should self-isolate for 14 days.
- Any contacts of a positive case must self-isolate for 14 days – even if they are asked to get a test and the result is negative, they must complete the 14 days of isolation
- You can book a test by calling 119 or click here
Download ‘Step Up Shropshire’ posters here.
For local advice and support during the pandemic (especially if you are self-isolating), call Shropshire Council’s COVID-19 Helpline on 0345 678 9028 (lines open on the weekend on Saturday from 9am-4pm and Sunday 9am-12pm) or visit our website at www.shropshire.gov.uk/coronavirus.