Coronavirus: Community Reassurance Team comes to Whitchurch this Friday
Shropshire Council’s Community Reassurance Team will be in Whitchurch town centre this Friday (9 October 2020) to answer your coronavirus questions. The team, who have been providing crucial support to residents and businesses since the start of the pandemic, will have be located near the town’s Friday Market.
Representatives from partner organisations will also be on hand to answer questions on a variety of topics.
Penny Bason, Shropshire Council’s COVID-19 Community Response Lead, said:
“The Community Reassurance Team is working to support people and groups when they need to isolate. We are also here to help people understand the ever-changing guidance and encourage people to help prevent local and national lockdowns.
“We understand that people may have frustrations about life during the pandemic, but we are here to support people in any way we can.”
For local advice and support during the pandemic (especially if you are self-isolating), call Shropshire Council’s COVID-19 Helpline on 0345 678 9028 (lines open on the weekend on Saturday from 9am-4pm and Sunday 9am-12pm) or visit our website at www.shropshire.gov.uk/coronavirus.
Step Up and help us stop the spread of coronavirus:
- Work from home if you can
- Limit contact with other people
- Keep your distance from people not in your household bubble (2 metres apart where possible)
- Stick to a maximum group of 6 people when meeting socially – indoors or outdoors
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If you are unable to wash hands and they are visibly clean, use hand sanitiser with at least 60% alcohol content
- Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms
- Wear a face covering in indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult, and where you will meet people you do not normally meet.
- Anyone who has any symptoms should book a test and not leave home for at least 10 days. Those living in households should self-isolate for 14 days if they or any members of the household receive a positive test.
- You can book a test by calling 119 or click here
Download ‘Step Up Shropshire’ posters here.