Roads and car parks: UPDATE – Wednesday 4 March 6:40pm
Please see below important information about roads, car parks, buses and other services affected by this week’s flooding.
Important message: please continue to adhere to road and car park closures; they are in place for people’s safety and will cease as soon as flooding and associated hazards subside.
- Frankwell – main and riverside – closed
- St Julian’s Friars – partially open. Please avoid coned off areas.
- Raven Meadows multi-storey – open.
- Abbey Foregate – open
- The Gap (off Raven Meadows) – open.
- NCP (Wyle Cop) – open – spaces may be limited due to flood water.
- Premier Inn car park (off Raven Meadows) – open.
Resident and season ticket holders for Frankwell Main and St Julian’s Friars car parks may park in Abbey Foregate car park until further notice.
- Riverside car park – closed
- Riverside West elevated car park – closed
Residents or customers in Bridgnorth with a valid resident or season permit (on or off-street) can use Innage Lane Car Park.
The Bridgnorth 101 town service will be FREE to use every Saturday in March 2020.
Ludlow Park and ride service willbe FREE to use every Thursday in March 2020.
Shrewsbury bus station is open.
Park and ride is operating as normal.
FREE park and ride – from Saturday 29 February to Saturday 14 March
To show our support for businesses in Shrewsbury town centre affected by this month’s floods, and to encourage people to visit the town, Shrewsbury’s park and ride service will be FREE to use for two weeks – from all three park and ride sites – Meole Brace, Harleslcott and Oxon.
- School transport in the Melverley area is disrupted.
- Gravel Hill Lane – closed
- Sydney Avenue – closed
- Atcham to Cross Houses – closed
- Chiltern Farm Lane – closed
- Berwick Road – open
- Old Coleham – closed
- Victoria Avenue – open
- Cressage to Eaton Constantine – open
- Williams Way – open
- Longden Coleham – open
- Raven Meadows – open
- Roushill – open
- Smithfield Road – open
- Coton Hill – open
- Chester Street and Cross Street – open
- Atcham to Berwick Wharf
- B4380 Emstrey Island to Atcham – open
- Meadow Place – open
- Coleham Head –open
- Frankwell – open
- Welsh Bridge – open
- Underdale Road – open
Note: London Road, Shrewsbury is closed one-way (eastbound) for BT cable work, meaning there’s no access to the A5.
North Shropshire road closures
- Colliery Road, St Martins – closed
- Clarke’s Lane, St Martins – closed
- Burma Road, Park Hall, Whittington – closed
South Shropshire road closures
- B4368 Clun to Newcastle (road slip) – closed
- Doctors Lane, Bridgnorth – closed
- Riverside, Bridgnorth – open
- Severnside South Bridgnorth – closed
- The A442 Bridgnorth to Sutton Maddock – open
Coalport Bridge – We’ve inspected the bridge and it’s currently safe to use. We’ve installed traffic management on the bridge with a 3-tonne weight limit as a precautionary measure so that we can keep it open. We’ll continue to make daily inspections whilst we wait for water levels to reduce sufficiently to carry out a more detailed survey.
Please follow Shropshire Council on Facebook or twitter for the latest information.
For help and advice please call Shropshire Council on 0345 678 9006 or visit our website.