Flooding update – Tuesday 25 February – 6.30pm
Please see below important information about roads, car parks, buses and other services affected by this week’s flooding.
A severe flood warning is in place for Shrewsbury, but the town is open for business. If you’re visiting Shrewsbury we advise using the bus or park and ride, or walking.
CAR PARKS – the following car parks are closed:
- Frankwell – main and riverside
- St Julian’s Friars
- Raven Meadows multi-storey
- Abbey Foregate
- The Gap (off Raven Meadows)
- NCP (Wyle Cop)
- Premier Inn car park (off Raven Meadows)
Resident and season ticket holders for Frankwell Main and St Julian’s Friars car parks may park at the top section of Abbey Foregate car park until further notice.
- Riverside car park
- Riverside West elevated car park
Residents or customers with a valid resident or season permit should use Innage Lane Car Park.
Shrewsbury bus station is closed and services are terminating at temporary stops at Abbey Foregate coach park, Theatre Severn and New Park Road (Castle Foregate end), rather than the bus station.
Bus services will terminate as follows:
- Theatre Severn – Services 11, 20. 70, 70A, 552/553, 558, Oxon P&R,
- Abbey Foregate HGV/Coach Park – Services 1, 8, 19, 21 23, 26, 27, 435, 436, 544/546, X4, X5 & Meole Brace P&R. This is due to be reviewed.
- New Park Road (Castle Foregate End) – Services 2, 24, 25, 64, 501, 511, 519, 576, Harlescott P&R
- Victoria Avenue
- Old Coleham
- Gravel Hill Lane
- Sydney Avenue
- Atcham to Cross Houses
- Chiltern Farm Lane
- Berwick Road
- Longden Coleham
- Raven Meadows
- Cressage to Eaton Constantine
- Smithfield Road – both directions
- Coton Hill
- Chester Street and Cross Street
- Atcham to Berwick Wharf
- B4380 Emstrey Island to Atcham
- Williams Way
- Coleham Head
- English Bridge
- Frankwell, including Welsh Bridge
- Wyle Cop
Priory Road remains closed due to roof damage at the Quarry Swimming Centre.
Town Walls is closed while Cadent investigate and repair a gas leak. Barring any unforeseen circumstances they currently anticipate the works will be complete by Wednesday.
London Road will remain OPEN as normal until further notice. The temporary closure, for BT cable work, was due to be put back in place this week having been lifted last week.
- Colliery Road, St Martins
- Clarke’s Lane, St Martins
- Burma Road, Park Hall, Whittington
- B4368 Clun to Newcastle (road slip)
- Doctors Lane, Bridgnorth
- Riverside, Bridgnorth
- Severnside South Bridgnorth
- The A442 is clsoed between Sutton Maddock and Bandon Island
- Shrewsbury Library is expected to be closed on Wednesday
- The Gateway is expected to be closed on Wednesday
- Shrewsbury’s three main shopping centres – Darwin, Pride Hill and Riverside – will be closed again on Wednesday.
- Shrewsbury railway station. Services will run from/to Chester and Crewe. All other lines in Shrewsbury station are closed.
- Shrewsbury Colleges Group – Welsh and English bridge campuses are closed
- University Centre Shrewsbury – is due to reopen on Thursday.
- St. Winefride’s School will be closed on Wednesday. They anticipate opening as usual on Thursday but will continue to monitor the situation
For other school closures, please see www.shropshire.gov.uk/school-closures/
Information will be added or updated as and when known.
Please follow Shropshire Council on Facebook or twitter for the latest information.
For help and advice please call Shropshire Council on 0345 678 9006 or visit our website.