Flooding update – Monday 24 February – 5pm
Please see below important information about roads, car parks, buses and schools affected by this week’s flooding.
A severe flood warning is in place for Shrewsbury, but the town is open for business. As many roads and car parks are closed we advise against travelling into the town centre by car – bus, park and ride, walking or cycling are the best options. You can also travel to and from Shrewsbury by train.
CAR PARKS – the following car parks are closed:
- Frankwell – main and riverside
- St Julian’s Friars
- Raven Meadows multi-storey
- The Gap (off Raven Meadows)
- NCP (Wyle Cop)
- Premier Inn car park (off Raven Meadows)
Resident and season ticket holders for Frankwell Main and St Julian’s Friars car parks may park in Abbey Foregate car park until further notice.
- Riverside car park
- Riverside West Elevated car park
Shrewsbury bus station is closed and services are terminating at temporary stops at Abbey Foregate coach park, Theatre Severn and New Park Road (Castle Foregate end), rather than the bus station.
Bus services will operate as follows:
- Theatre Severn – Services 11, 20. 70, 70A, 552/553, 558, Oxon P&R,
- Abbey Foregate HGV/Coach Park – Services 1, 8, 19, 21 23, 26, 27, 435, 436, 544/546, X4, X5 & Meole Brace P&R,
- New Park Road (Castle Foregate End) – Services 2, 24, 25, 64, 501, 511, 519, 576, Harlescott P&R
- Victoria Avenue
- Old Coleham
- Gravel Hill Lane
- Sydney Avenue
- Atcham to Cross Houses
- Chiltern Farm Lane
- Berwick Road
- Longden Coleham
- Raven Meadows
- Cressage to Eaton Constantine
- Smithfield Road – both directions
- Coton Hill
- Chester Street and Cross Street
- Atcham to Berwick Wharf
- B4380 Emstrey Island to Atcham
- Williams Way
- Coleham Head
- English Bridge
- Frankwell, including Welsh Bridge
- Wyle Cop
Priory Road remains closed due to roof damage at the Quarry Swimming Centre.
Town Walls is closed while Cadent investigate and repair a gas leak. Barring any unforeseen circumstances they currently anticipate the works will be complete by Wednesday.
London Road will remain OPEN as normal until further notice. The temporary closure, for BT cable work, was due to be put back in place today (Monday) having been lifted last week.
- Colliery Road, St Martins
- Clarke’s Lane, St Martins
- Burma Road, Park Hall, Whittington
- B4368 Clun to Newcastle (road slip)
- Doctors Lane, Bridgnorth
- Riverside, Bridgnorth
- Severnside South Bridgnorth
SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES
- Shrewsbury High School – closed for today
- Shrewsbury Colleges Group – Welsh and English bridge campuses are closed
- UCS – will close at 4pm today and reopen on Thursday.
- St Winifrede’s – Will be closed on Tuesday.
For other school closures, please see www.shropshire.gov.uk/school-closures/
Please follow Shropshire Council on Facebook or twitter for the latest information.
For help and advice please call Shropshire Council on 0345 678 9006 or visit our website.