Flooding update – Friday 28 February – 7:45pm
Please see below important information about roads, car parks, buses and other services affected by this week’s flooding.
- Frankwell – main and riverside – closed
- St Julian’s Friars – closed
- Raven Meadows multi-storey – open. Lift not available due to flood water ingress. Latest information available at entrance barrier.
- Abbey Foregate – open
- The Gap (off Raven Meadows) – open
- NCP (Wyle Cop) – Partly open
- Premier Inn car park (off Raven Meadows) – open
Resident and season ticket holders for Frankwell Main and St Julian’s Friars car parks may park in Abbey Foregate car park until further notice.
- Riverside car park – closed
- Riverside West elevated car park – closed
Residents or customers in Bridgnorth with a valid resident or season permit (on or off-street) can use Innage Lane Car Park.
Shrewsbury bus station is open.
Park and ride is operating as normal.
FREE park and ride – from Saturday 29 February to Saturday 14 March
To show our support for businesses in Shrewsbury town centre affected by this month’s floods, and to encourage people to visit the town, Shrewsbury’s park and ride service will be FREE to use for two weeks – from all three park and ride sites – Meole Brace, Harleslcott and Oxon.
- All school transport routes operating in out of the town are experiencing significant delays.
- School transport in the Melverley area is severely disrupted.
- Service 8 (Bridgnorth to Telford) will not be able to serve Ironbridge or Jackfield from Madeley and will have to divert through Much Wenlock to access Broseley to Bridgnorth.
Other services affected
- Service 19 – Shrewsbury to Telford – is operating via the M54.
- Service 18 – Telford to Much Wenlock via Ironbridge- is following a diversionary route
- Old Coleham – closed
- Gravel Hill Lane – closed
- Sydney Avenue – closed
- Atcham to Cross Houses – closed
- Chiltern Farm Lane – closed
- Victoria Avenue – open
- Berwick Road – open
- Longden Coleham – open
- Roushill and Raven Meadows – open
- Cressage to Eaton Constantine – open
- Smithfield Road – open
- Coton Hill – open
- Chester Street and Cross Street – open
- Atcham to Berwick Wharf
- B4380 Emstrey Island to Atcham – open
- Williams Way – open
- Meadow Place – open
- Coleham Head open
- Frankwell – open
- Welsh Bridge – open
- Underdale Road – open
Priory Road is now open.
Town Walls has been closed while Cadent investigate and repair a gas leak. The road is now due to reopen on Saturday.
London Road is due to close on Monday for BT cable work.The closure was liftd this week due to the flooding.
North Shropshire road closures
- Colliery Road, St Martins – closed
- Clarke’s Lane, St Martins – closed
- Burma Road, Park Hall, Whittington – closed
South Shropshire road closures
- B4368 Clun to Newcastle (road slip) – closed
- Doctors Lane, Bridgnorth – closed
- Riverside, Bridgnorth – open
- Severnside South Bridgnorth – closed
- The A442 Bridgnorth to Sutton Maddock – open
Coalport Bridge – We’ve inspected the bridge and it’s currently safe to use. We’ve installed traffic management on the bridge with a 3-tonne weight limit as a precautionary measure so that we can keep it open. We’ll continue to make daily inspections whilst we wait for water levels to reduce sufficiently to carry out a more detailed survey.
- Shrewsbury shopping centres – now fully open.
- Shrewsbury railway station. Now fully open.
- The Gateway in Shrewsbury will remain closed until Monday.
- Shrewsbury Colleges Group – Now open
- University Centre Shrewsbury – is now closed until next Monday.
For other school closures, please see www.shropshire.gov.uk/school-closures/
Please follow Shropshire Council on Facebook or twitter for the latest information.
For help and advice please call Shropshire Council on 0345 678 9006 or visit our website.