Flooding update – Friday 28 February – 6.40am
Please see below important information about roads, car parks, buses and other services affected by this week’s flooding.
- Frankwell – main and riverside – closed
- St Julian’s Friars – closed- will be reviewed later today
- Raven Meadows multi-storey – open
- Abbey Foregate – open
- The Gap (off Raven Meadows) – due to open on Friday after sweeping
- NCP (Wyle Cop) – Partly open
- Premier Inn car park (off Raven Meadows) – open
Resident and season ticket holders for Frankwell Main and St Julian’s Friars car parks may park in Abbey Foregate car park until further notice.
- Riverside car park
- Riverside West elevated car park
Residents or customers in Bridgnorth with a valid resident or season permit (on or off-street) can use Innage Lane Car Park.
Shrewsbury bus station will re-open on Friday morning and buses will no longer terminate at the temporary stops at Abbey Foregate coach park, Theatre Severn and New Park Road. The park and ride service will operate as normal.
FREE park and ride – from Saturday 29 February to Saturday 14 March
To show our support for businesses in Shrewsbury town centre affected by this month’s floods, and to encourage people to visit the town, Shrewsbury’s park and ride service will be FREE to use for two weeks – from all three park and ride sites – Meole Brace, Harleslcott and Oxon.
- All school transport routes operating in out of the town are experiencing significant delays.
- School transport in the Melverley area is severely disrupted.
- 113/114 Telford to Bridgnorth service is not operating between Sutton Maddock and the Bandon Island, due to the A442 road closure. A diversionary route is being followed.
- Service 8 (Bridgnorth to Telford) will not be able to serve Ironbridge or Jackfield from Madeley and will have to divert through Much Wenlock to access Broseley to Bridgnorth.
Other services affected
- Service 19 – Shrewsbury to Telford – is operating via the M54.
- Service 18 – Telford to Much Wenlock via Ironbridge- is following a diversionary route
- Old Coleham – closed
- Gravel Hill Lane – closed
- Sydney Avenue – closed
- Atcham to Cross Houses – closed
- Chiltern Farm Lane – closed
- Victoria Avenue – to be swept and cleaned on Friday morning then fully open to traffic.
- Berwick Road – open
- Longden Coleham – open
- Roushill and Raven Meadows – to be swept and cleaned early on Friday morning then fully open to traffic.
- Cressage to Eaton Constantine – open
- Smithfield Road – open
- Coton Hill – open
- Chester Street and Cross Street – open
- Atcham to Berwick Wharf
- B4380 Emstrey Island to Atcham – open
- Williams Way – open
- Meadow Place – open
- Coleham Head open
- Frankwell – open
- Welsh Bridge – open
- Underdale Road – open
Priory Road remains closed due to roof damage at the Quarry Swimming Centre.
Town Walls is closed while Cadent investigate and repair a gas leak. The road is now due to reopen on Saturday.
London Road will remain OPEN as normal until further notice. The temporary closure, for BT cable work, was due to be put back in place this week having been lifted last week.
North Shropshire road closures
- Colliery Road, St Martins
- Clarke’s Lane, St Martins
- Burma Road, Park Hall, Whittington
South Shropshire road closures
- B4368 Clun to Newcastle (road slip)
- Doctors Lane, Bridgnorth
- Riverside, Bridgnorth
- Severnside South Bridgnorth
- The A442 is closed between Sutton Maddock and Bandon Island
Coalport Bridge – We’ve inspected the bridge and it’s currently safe to use. We’ve installed traffic management on the bridge with a 3-tonne weight limit as a precautionary measure so that we can keep it open. We’ll continue to make daily inspections whilst we wait for water levels to reduce sufficiently to carry out a more detailed survey.
- Shrewsbury shopping centres – The Darwin Centre re-opened on Thursday. The Pride Hill and Riverside Centres will re-open on Friday.
- Shrewsbury railway station. Now fully open.
- The Gateway in Shrewsbury will remain closed until Monday.
- Shrewsbury Colleges Group – Welsh and English bridge campuses will re-open on Friday.
- University Centre Shrewsbury – is now closed until next Monday.
For other school closures, please see www.shropshire.gov.uk/school-closures/
Please follow Shropshire Council on Facebook or twitter for the latest information.
For help and advice please call Shropshire Council on 0345 678 9006 or visit our website.