Shrewsbury shopping centres announce Christmas opening hours
Shrewsbury’s Darwin and Pride Hill shopping centres have announced their Christmas opening hours, including late night opening until 8pm on Wednesdays in the run up to Christmas.
The first late night opening of this year will be Wednesday 20 November when thousands of people are expected to visit Shrewsbury town centre for the Christmas lights switch-on and lantern parade.
Kevin Lockwood, Shrewsbury shopping centres manager, said:
“We’re delighted that so many people visited Shrewsbury and the shopping centres last Christmas and we look forward to welcoming people of all ages to the centres during this year’s festive period. The shopping centres have something for everyone this Christmas, whether you’re shopping, eating, drinking, looking for that ideal gift, or wanting to meet Santa.
“With a number of new shops now open, the Darwin and Pride Hill centres really are great places to visit this Christmas.”
Three new pop-up shops have opened in the Darwin Centre in the run-up to Christmas.
Chikpe, which makes and sells handmade soaps, plus toiletries and gifts, opened in September – the seventh successive Christmas that they’ve opened a store in the Darwin Centre. Calendar Club has also returned, opening in a unit next to the Disney Store. And, Teresa’s Boutique, a high end ladies’ fashion unit, has also opened in the Centre.
In addition, the ‘Artisan Atrium’ opened at the start of October and showcases the work of the region’s best makers and producers.
Meanwhile Santa will be settling into his grotto on the lower level of the Darwin Centre on Saturday 23 November, and children are being invited to meet him before he heads home to the North Pole on Christmas Eve. A visit to the grotto costs £5 per child, and includes a gift and photograph. All proceeds go to Shrewsbury Town in the Community.
For more information visit www.shrewsbury-shopping.co.uk.
Late night Wednesday shopping
- Wednesday 20 November 2019 – 9am – 8pm
- Wednesday 27 November 2019 – 9am – 8pm
- Wednesday 4 December 2019 – 9am – 8pm
- Wednesday 11 December 2019 – 9am – 8pm
- Wednesday 18 December 2019 – 9am – 8pm
Other opening hours
- Saturday 21 December – 9am to 6pm
- Sunday 22 December – 10.30am to 4.30pm
- Monday 23 December – 9am to 6pm
- Tuesday 24 December – 9am to 5pm
- Wednesday 25 December – CLOSED
- Thursday 26 December – 10.30am to 4.30pm
- Friday 27 December – 9am to 5.30pm
- Saturday 28 December – 9am to 5.30pm
- Sunday 29 December – 10.30am to 4.30pm
- Monday 30 December – 9.30am to 5.30pm
- Tuesday 31 December – 9am to 5pm
- Wednesday 1 January 2020 – CLOSED
- Thursday 2 January 2020 – 9am to 5.30pm
To follow Shrewsbury shopping centres on social media, go to:
Issued on behalf of Shrewsbury shopping centres