Shropshire’s parking benefits highlighted
Shropshire Council is highlighting some of the benefits of parking in its car parks and on-street parking areas.
A number of changes were introduced last year as part of the council’s new parking strategy, which aimed to make parking – and paying for parking – in Shropshire’s market towns simpler, clearer, and more consistent across the county.
Now, five of the key benefits are being promoted through a series of infographics, on the council’s website and social media channels.
- 15 minutes’ pop and shop parking in all pay and display car parks and on-street parking areas.
- Free parking after 6pm in all pay and display car parks and on-street parking areas.
- A set price per hour to park in all car parks and on-street parking areas.
- Payment by card in all car parks and on-street parking areas.
- Get the parking time that you pay for* in all car parks and on-street parking areas, when you pay by cash or card.
Steve Davenport, Shropshire Council’s Cabinet member for highways and transport, said:
“Our new parking strategy was designed to make parking charges clearer, simpler and more consistent, and to deliver a wide range of other improvements and benefits to people using our car parks and on-street parking areas.
“It really is easy to park and easy to pay in Shropshire and we’re eager to get these messages out to people to make them aware of the many benefits available to them when they visit and park in one of our market towns.”
*eg. if parking costs 30p per hour and you pay £1, you’ll get just over three hours of parking.
For more information, go to www.shropshire.gov.uk/parking.
The five infographics are as follows: