Extended Christmas opening hours at Shrewsbury shopping centres
Shrewsbury’s Darwin and Pride Hill shopping centres have extended their shopping hours until 8pm on Wednesdays in the run up to Christmas, and 7pm the week before Christmas (excluding Sunday 23 and Monday 24 December 2018).
The first late night opening of this year was last Wednesday (14 November) when thousands of people visited Shrewsbury town centre for the Christmas lights switch-on and lantern parade.
Kevin Lockwood, Shrewsbury shopping centres manager, said:
“We’re delighted that so many people visited Shrewsbury and the shopping centres last Wednesday and we look forward to welcoming people of all ages to the centres in the days and weeks ahead. The shopping centres have something for everyone this Christmas, whether you’re shopping, eating, drinking, looking for that ideal gift, or wanting to meet Santa.
“With a number of new shops now open, and JD Sports due to open next month, the Darwin and Pride Hill centres really are great places to visit this Christmas.”
The Disney Store opened in the Darwin Centre at the end of October 2018 – one of six new tenants that will start trading in the town’s Darwin and Pride Hill centres before Christmas.
National retailer Menkind have returned to the Darwin Centre on the top level, Calendar Club have opened a Christmas shop in the Darwin Centre in the run-up to Christmas, and Chikpe has also opened a store on the middle level of the centre.
Local artist Megan Hawkins this week opened her new shop on the middle level of the Pride Hill Centre, and JD Sports will open in the Darwin Centre in December.
And, PURE opened a new pop-up shop in the Pride Hill Centre today (Friday 16 November).
Meanwhile Santa will be settling into his grotto on the lower level of the Darwin Centre on Wednesday 28 November, and children are being invited to meet him before he heads home to the North Pole on Sunday 23 December. A visit to the grotto costs £4 per child.
For more information visit www.shrewsbury-shopping.co.uk.
Late night Wednesday shopping
- Wednesday 14 November 2018 9am – 8pm
- Wednesday 21 November 2018 9am – 8pm
- Wednesday 28 November 2018 9am – 8pm
- Wednesday 5 December 2018 9am – 8pm
- Wednesday 12 December 2018 9am – 8pm
Other opening hours
- Monday 17 December 2018 9am – 7pm
- Tuesday 18 December 2018 9am – 7pm
- Wednesday 19 December 2018 9am – 8pm
- Thursday 20 December 2018 9am – 7pm
- Friday 21 December 2018 9am – 7pm
- Saturday 22 December 2018 9am – 7pm
- Sunday 23 December 2018 10.30am – 4.30pm
- Monday 24 December 2018 9am – 5.30pm
- Tuesday 25 December 2018 CLOSED
- Wednesday 26 December 2018 9am – 5.30pm
- Thursday 27 December 2018 9am – 5.30pm
- Friday 28 December 2018 9am – 5.30pm
- Saturday 29 December 2018 9am – 5.30pm
- Sunday 30 December 2018 10.30am – 4.30pm
- Monday 31 December 2018 9am – 5.30pm
- Tuesday 1 January 2019 CLOSED
- Wednesday 2 January 2018 9am – 5.30pm
Shrewsbury shopping centres
Shropshire Council purchased Shrewsbury’s three main shopping centres in January 2018 to support the economic growth and regeneration of the town centre. To find out more, visit: shropshire.gov.uk/shropshire-council/shrewsbury-shopping-centres