Partnership supports National Safeguarding Adults Week
The Keeping Adults Safe in Shropshire Board are supporting the National Safeguarding Adults Network launch of the first National Safeguarding Adults Week (today until Sunday 25 November 2018). The week is being launched to promote the importance of safeguarding the health and well-being of adults, particularly those with needs for care and support across the UK.
From 19-25 November there will be a series of events across the country aimed at raising awareness of the issues faced by adults, particularly those with needs for care and support, to help relevant organisations to provide the best support possible to those people.
Each day is focused on a different issue which is important to consider when safeguarding adults:
Monday 19 November 2018:
Tuesday 20 November 2018:
- Forced marriage.
- The Prevent agenda (aims to stop people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism): http://www.keepingadultssafeinshropshire.org.uk/learning-resources/information-and-learning-resources/safeguarding-adults-from-terrorism.
- Domestic abuse: http://www.keepingadultssafeinshropshire.org.uk/learning-resources/information-and-learning-resources/domestic-abuse.
Wednesday 21 November 2018:
Friday 23 November 2018:
Saturday 24 November and Sunday 25 November 2018:
Safeguarding adults in sport and activity: http://www.keepingadultssafeinshropshire.org.uk/learning-resources/information-and-learning-resources/safeguarding-adults-in-sport-and-activity.
During the course of the week, the Board are asking organisations working with adults and their carers to:
- Visit the website during the week and share the information within organisations and to the adults and carers they support.
- Explore and access the range of Safeguarding Adults related training in Shropshire. These include:
- Various safeguarding training is available through Joint Training: http://shropshire.gov.uk/joint-training.
- Energize Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin are running a subsidized safeguarding adults in the sport and activity environment course for sports coaches and clubs on 11 December: https://energizestw.org.uk/event/adult-safeguarding-11-12-18.
If you have a concern or need want to talk to someone about an adult who is or might be being abused or neglected, you can call Shropshire Council First Point of Contact on 0345 678 9044.
If you are a professional or volunteer working with a person for whom you have safeguarding concerns, please also refer to the Multi-Agency Procedures page on the Keeping Adults Safe in Shropshire Board website before raising a safeguarding concern.