Chance to bid for south Shropshire economic growth funding
News from Southern Shropshire LEADER programme
Businesses, organisations and other groups in south Shropshire have until Friday 21 September to apply for funding on offer through the Southern Shropshire LEADER programme.
Applicants will need to demonstrate a benefit to the local rural economy and a connection to the landscape, which should contribute to the creation of jobs or the development of businesses in the Southern Shropshire LEADER rural area.
The amount of grant available is dependent on the outputs of the project, but a typical maximum grant will be between £15,000 and £60,000 (larger grants will be considered where significant outputs are forecast).
The LEADER Local Development Strategy seeks to implement the six national LEADER priorities:
- Increasing farm productivity in ways which enhance natural capital.
- Developing sustainable micro and small enterprises and farm diversification.
- Building rural tourism making the most of Shropshire’s assets.
- Improving rural services to support business growth and development.
- Enhancing the natural, cultural and heritage attractions of the area.
- Increasing woodland and forest productivity in ways which enhance natural capital.
Expression of Interest (EOI) forms need to be received by no later than 5pm on Friday 21 September 2018. At the point of submitting an EOI form, evidence will need to be provided that shows that the project is able to commence.
Projects must meet the following requirements to progress to Full Application stage:
- Full planning consent, if required, must be in place with written confirmation from Shropshire Council.
- Match funding with relevant evidence must be secured.
- Projects must be contracted by 29 March 2019 and all grant funding claimed by October 2020.
To find out more about the Southern Shropshire LEADER Programme or to discuss a potential project idea, please contact the LEADER Programme Manager at Shropshire Council on 01743 254796, email: SouthernShropshireLeader@shropshire.gov.uk, or click here.
The Southern Shropshire LEADER Local Action Group has secured £2.032 million of European funding through the LEADER Programme (2015-2020). LEADER is part of the Rural Development Programme for England (RDPE) and is funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD).