Register now to have your say in the Midwife-Led Units Review
News from our partners NHS Shropshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) and Telford & Wrekin CCG
Local people are being invited to register to take part in a community workshop as part of the review on midwife-led units (MLUs) being carried out by Shropshire and Telford and Wrekin Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs).
Five community workshops are being held during September 2017 to look at the future service. These events follow a launch workshop with clinicians and patient organisations to help identify key themes and ideas, which will then be shared at the community workshops for further discussion.
Places are limited at the community workshops so please register quickly. The CCGs particularly want to hear from anyone who has used the service in the last two-and-a-half years, works in the service, or has taken part in the recent research interviews. Local community groups and organisations are also invited to take part and are asked to request one place for a representative.
Meredith Vivian, CCG Lay Member for Patient and Public Involvement at Shropshire CCG, said:
“We want to hear people’s views and ideas about the MLU service and, in particular, what they think works well and what could be improved. This feedback is very important to us and we want to hear the experiences of people who have used the service and those who work in it.
“At the workshops we will also be sharing the feedback from the research work we have already done. This includes comments and ideas that were collected from more than 160 in-depth interviews carried out with local families using the service.”
Registration to attend the workshops is now open, today, Monday, 14 August. People are asked to register first so that tickets can then be allocated to ensure that a wide range of different views are heard. Please go to http://www.shropshireccg.nhs.uk to register.
Details of the events are:
- Thursday, 14 September 10.00am – 12.30pm at Cabin Lane Church, The Whole Life Christian Centre, Cabin Lane, Oswestry, SY11 2LQ.
- Monday, 18 September 10.00am – 12.30pm at The Rockspring Community Centre, Sandford Road, Ludlow, SY8 1SX.
- Wednesday, 20 September 10.00am – 12.30pm at St James Hall, Lodge Lane, Bridgnorth, WV15 5DD.
- Friday, 22 September 10.00am – 12.30pm at Festival Drayton Centre, Frogmore Rd, Market Drayton, TF9 3AX
- Monday, 25 September 10.00am – 12.30pm at Park Lane Centre, Woodside, Telford, TF7 5QZ.
For more information about the review go to: