Decisions made by Central planning committee – 12 February 2015
The following decisions were made by Shropshire Council’s Central planning committee at its meeting at Shirehall, Shrewsbury on Thursday 12 February 2015.
|Former Shelton Hospital, Somerby Drive, Shrewsbury, SY3 8DN (14/02402/FUL)|
|Conversion of former hospital building(s) and outbuildings into 158 apartments and houses to include some demolition; formation of parking areas, courtyards and community gardens; erection of 78 dwellings with associated garages and parking; provision of new vehicular access and alterations to existing vehicular access; provision of new bowling green, associated works and conversion of existing Estates Building to pavilion; to include the felling of some trees (Amended description following receipt of amended plans on 16 January 2015). Decision: That planning permission be granted as per the officer’s recommendation, subject to:|
- A Section 106 legal agreement to secure:
- Contribution towards education infrastructure.
- On-site affordable dwellings (15) and a commuted sum towards off-site affordable dwellings (.6);
- Contribution to provide, and agreement with Shropshire Council to let a contract for the construction of the replacement bowling green and lighting on a like-for-like basis prior to commencement of development on existing bowling green or cessation of right to use existing vehicular access and car park.
- Agreement with applicant to convert the existing Estates Building to provide a replacement Bowling Pavilion in accordance with the timetable for the replacement bowling green.
- Transfer of cricket ground to Shropshire Council, who will in turn transfer this on a long-term lease to Shelton Cricket Club; and
Subject to the Conditions set out in Appendix 1 to the report.
|The Charles Darwin, Sutton Road, Shrewsbury, SY2 6HN (14/05115/FUL)|
|Erection of Class A1 convenience store including ATM with dedicated external servicing, refuse and plant area, associated car parking and landscaping. Decision: That planning permission be granted as per the officer’s recommendation, subject to the conditions set out in Appendix 1 to the report.|
|Land at Longden, Shrewsbury (14/00467/OUT)|
|Outline application (access for approval) for mixed residential development. Decision: That this application be deferred to a future meeting to enable the following:|
- The tenants of the Longmynd View flats (Severnside Housing Association) to be consulted on the application;
- Legal clarification to be sought and provided on the footpath/access walking link to Plealey Lane through the adjacent housing association garages site; and
For a Highways Development Control Officer to be in attendance.
|Proposed residential development east of Wilcot Lane, Nesscliffe, Shrewsbury (14/03259/OUT)|
|Outline application for proposed housing development (all matters reserved). Decision: That planning permission be granted as per the officer’s recommendation, subject to:|
- A Section 106 Agreement to secure affordable housing in accordance with the prevailing rate current at the time of submission of Reserved Matters;
- The Reserved Matters submission to include bungalows on the plots as shown on the illustrative site plan; and
The conditions set out in Appendix 1 to the report.
|Mardol House, Shoplatch, Shrewsbury, SY1 1HS (15/00090/FUL)|
|Change of use from office space to student halls of residence to provide 85 units (large HMO Sui Generis use). Decision: That planning permission be granted as per the officer’s recommendation, subject to the conditions set out in Appendix 1 to the report.|
|Hargreaves Farm, Halfway House, Shrewsbury, SY5 9DH (14/01802/FUL)|
|Installation of a 30m high wind turbine with control box and associated works. Decision: That planning permission be granted as per the officer’s recommendation, subject to the conditions set out in Appendix 1 to the report.|
For further information relating to the decisions go to our online planning register and search for the application by using the reference number or keyword.