WhatsApp a Shropshire councillor
Shropshire Council is currently trialling the use of mobile messaging app WhatsApp to communicate with local people, in a different way.
Now in its second week, the trial is going well. So far, seven people have contacted the council via WhatsApp to get answers to their questions.
Taking part in the trial, Keith Barrow, leader of Shropshire Council, said:
“I’ve had a few messages now and I hope people are finding it useful. If you haven’t already, please get in touch.”
As well as Keith, four other councillors and a council general enquiries service are available on WhatsApp until Sunday 7 December 2014.
The council leader and councillors are responsible for developing policies and delivering services that improve the quality of people’s lives within their divisions.
Keith Barrow added:
“Representing people’s views is an important part of our role, and being aware of people’s thoughts and opinions allows us to work more effectively.
“You can WhatsApp me, the other councillors or our general enquiries service about issues like waste collection, adult services, libraries, education, and transport and roads, and we’ll do our best to get you an answer.”
If you are using WhatsApp and want to get in touch, simply add these numbers to your phone and send any of the councillors a message:
- Keith Barrow, Shropshire Council’s leader, and local Shropshire Councillor for Oswestry South – 07703 344774
- Dean Carroll, local Shropshire Councillor for Bagley – 07979 966339
- Robert Macey, local Shropshire Councillor for Gobowen, Selattyn and Weston Rhyn – 07841 120162
- David Turner, local Shropshire Councillor for Much Wenlock – 07990 085136
- Lee Chapman, Shropshire Council’s Cabinet member for adult services – transformation and safeguarding, and a local Shropshire Councillor for Church Stretton and Craven Arms – 07990 085181
- Council general enquiries (this will only be used for WhatsApp and is not a mobile number that will receive calls) – 07990 085348