Decisions made by Central planning committee on 21 August 2014
The following decisions were made by Shropshire Council’s Central planning committee at its meeting at Shirehall, Shrewsbury, on Thursday 21 August 2014.
Land To The Rear Of 21 Hanley Lane, Bayston Hill, Shrewsbury, Shropshire (14/00823/OUT)
Outline application (access for approval) for the erection of 15 dwellings.
Decision: That planning permission be granted, as per the officer’s recommendation, subject to:
• A Section 106 Legal Agreement to secure on-site affordable housing and a commuted sum towards off-site affordable housing; and
• The conditions set out in Appendix 1 to the report.
Development Land South Of Brook Cottages, Ford, Shrewsbury, Shropshire (14/01036/OUT)
Outline application for residential development (up to 30 dwellings) to include access.
Decision: That planning permission be refused, contrary to the officer’s recommendation, for the following reason:
The proposed development would comprise an unsatisfactory and unsustainable addition to the existing settlement, outside the current development plan boundary, as it would not provide an acceptable level of connectivity and integration with the existing settlement by means of access to services within the settlement (especially in flood events) and would thereby fail to encourage the use of alternative means of transport to the car, contrary to Policies CS5 and CS6 of the Shropshire Core Strategy, and the push for sustainable development within the National Planning Policy Framework (in particular Section 4 – Promoting Sustainable Transport).
Development Land North Side of Station Road, Dorrington, Shrewsbury, Shropshire (14/01037/OUT)
Outline planning application (all matters reserved) for mixed residential development.
Decision: Following the submission of an appeal against non-determination, the Committee gave a resolution that they would have been minded to grant planning permission had a decision have been required, as per the officer’s recommendation, and subject to:
• A Section 106 Legal Agreement to secure an off-site affordable housing contribution; and
• The conditions set out in Appendix 3 to the report.
1 Red Barn Lane, Shrewsbury, SY3 7HR (14/02425/VAR)
Variation of Condition No.5 attached to Planning Permission 12/04261/VAR to allow the annex to be used as a stand-alone holiday cottage.
Decision: That planning permission be granted, as per the officer’s recommendation, subject to the conditions set out in Appendix 1 to the report.
Foxholes Buildings, Little Ness, Shrewsbury, Shropshire (14/02385/EIA)
Erection of three poultry rearing buildings, eight feed bins and other ancillary buildings, landscaping including ground modelling and tree planting.
Decision: That planning permission be granted, in accordance with the officer’s recommendation, subject to:
• A varied Section 106 Legal Agreement to include the following matters:
– To secure the routing of traffic associated with the development via the Approved Route as set out in the existing legal agreement and as detailed in the report; and
– To provide for the regular monitoring and review of the use of the approved route; and
• The conditions set out in Appendix 1 to the report; and
• The Planning Services Manager be given delegated authority to resolve ecological issues.
For more information about the decisions, go to the council’s online planning register and search for the application using the reference number or keyword.