Sports club information evenings
Shropshire Council’s leisure development team is running a series of club information evenings throughout the county, to take place as follows.
- Wednesday 2 November 2011, Ludlow Town Football Club
- Monday 7 November 2011, Oswestry Golf Club
- Thursday 10 November 2011, Bridgnorth Town Football Club
- Tuesday 15 November 2011, Shrewsbury Golf Club, Condover
- Thursday 17 November 2011, Sir John Talbot’s School, Whitchurch
All the events start at 7pm, and representatives from sports clubs throughout the county are being invited to attend. Following on from a similar series of meetings earlier in the year, the evenings are aimed at enhancing the contact between leisure development staff and local sports clubs, as well as providing up-to-date help and information useful to clubs, coaches and volunteers.
Items under discussion will include:
- Identifying and applying for funding
- Funding update – what funding is currently available for sports club to apply for
- London 2012 – local initiatives, funding opportunities, and how your club can get involved now and in the future
- The School Games
- 2012 coach education programme for Shropshire – new coaches bursary
Pre-booking is required and places will be limited, although more than one club representative is welcome. Anyone interested in attending one of these meetings can reserve a place directly by calling a member of the leisure development team on 01743 255071 or email firstname.lastname@example.org