Ludlow roads to get new surfaces
A number of important roads in Ludlow are to be resurfaced next month (August 2011) as part of an extensive programme to repair them following the severe winter weather.
Shropshire Council’s contractors Enterprise are currently busy resurfacing Corve Street, which is expected to be completed today (Friday 29 July 2011).
The following roads will be resurfaced, under road closures for safety reasons, during August:
- Work to resurface Middle Wood Road will start on 1 August for two days.
- Work to resurface Lower Broad Street will start on 3 August for three days.
- Work to resurface Dinham will start on 8 August for five days.
- Work to resurface Linney will start on 15 August for three days.
- Work to resurface Steventon New Road will start on 18 August for two days.
- Work to resurface New Street will start on 25 August for five days.
Whilst these roads are closed, signed diversion routes will be in place and access will be maintained to people’s homes and businesses. Also, all businesses along these routes will remain open as usual.
Simon Jones, Shropshire Council’s Cabinet member for transport, said:
“Lots of work is taking place to resurface roads across the county. These are all carefully planned and co-ordinated to limit disruption as much as possible.
“We understand that these closures will cause some inconvenience. However, we will endeavour to complete the work as soon as possible.”