Coronavirus: Government support to help protect businesses
The Chancellor has set out a package of temporary, timely and targeted measures to support public services, people and businesses through this Coronavirus emergency. This includes a package of measures to support businesses including the following. For the latest information about business advice and support please visit the Invest in Shropshire website.
- £330bn of Government-backed and guaranteed loan
- No business rates payable for 12 months, extended to retail, leisure, hospitality and nursery businesses of all sizes
- Cash grants for up to £25,000 for smaller retail, leisure and hospitality businesses with rateable values below £51k, who do not have insurance to cover pandemics
- Cash grants of £10,000 for the 700,000 businesses who do not pay business rates
- A mortgage holiday of three months for people struggling to make mortgage payments as a result of Coronavirus
- Government have also granted permission for pubs and restaurants to operate as takeaways as part of their coronavirus response
- A new Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme, will enable businesses to apply for a loan of up to £5 million, with the first 12 months interest and fees paid by Government
- A dedicated helpline has been set up to help businesses and self-employed individuals receive support with their tax affairs, where businesses may be able to agree a bespoke Time to Pay arrangement. Call HMRC’s dedicated helpline on 0800 0159 559
- For businesses with fewer than 250 employees, the cost of providing 14 days of Statutory Sick Pay per employee will be refunded by the Government in full
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Support for larger firms through the COVID-19 Corporate Financing Facility.
Further details on how to access this support will be available in due course.
For any business enquiries related to COVID-19 please contact COVID19businessenquiries@shropshire.gov.uk
For advice and support regarding business rates, including holidays, relief or setting up payment schedules over 12 months, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Other useful links and contact details include:
Government Business Support Helpline – Telephone: 0300 456 3565 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm)