South planning committee decisions – 29 January 2013
The following planning decisions were made by Shropshire Council’s south planning committee at its meeting on Tuesday 29 January 2013 in Bridgnorth.
Lea Quarry, Wenlock Edge, Much Wenlock, TF13 6DG (12/03034/MAW)
Change of use of former quarry land and buildings to a mixed use of temporary timber storage, timber processing and ancillary permanent uses including the erection of two storage buildings, the extension to an existing storage building and an office building and installation of photovoltaic panels.
(i) That, in accordance with the Officer’s recommendation, planning permission be part approved and part refused, subject to the conditions listed in Appendix 1 to the report including:
- Permanent permission for use of the buildings in the plant yard subject to controls including re-cladding and landscaping condition; and
- Temporary permission to 31st August 2013 for use of the timber storage areas.
And to the following:
- To reduce the impact of the development on the surrounding area and local amenities, an additional qualification be added to Condition 11(c) to ensure that no machinery shall be in operation on the site on Saturday afternoons, Sundays, and Bank Holidays; and
- To amend Condition 19 i. such that the proposed colour of the roof and side cladding of any remaining and any new buildings shall be BS18B29.
(ii) That the approval be subject to a legal obligation (Unilateral Undertaking) providing for the following:
- A statement confirming the applicant’s commitment to manage non-operational land in the company’s ownership in accordance with the principles set out in the company’s outline management plan. This will facilitate sustainable on-going management of the non-operational areas, promoting biodiversity, geodiversity and provisions for enhanced informal public access and interpretation; and
- Provision of annual funding to support the objectives of the company’s management plan;
- A commitment to support opportunities for Partnership Working and to convene a Management Steering Group; and
- to support any future proposals to incorporate Lilleshall Quarry within the AONB boundary; and
- Provision of an agreed diversion route for footpath 3 which traverses to the east of the Edge Renewables office; and
- Submission of a scheme investigating the potential for relocation of the chipping operation to a covered area within the plant yard within an agreed timescale.
Land North of Park Close, Kinlet, Shropshire (12/03325/FUL)
Erection of a single storey (affordable) dwelling.
Decision: That, subject to a Section 106 Agreement to ensure the dwelling remains affordable to local people in perpetuity, planning permission be granted in accordance with the Officer’s recommendation.
Former JAG Glazing Ltd, Vaughan Road, Cleobury Mortimer, DY14 8DU (12/03689/FUL)
Erection of 16 two storey houses with ancillary garages and parking, associated infrastructure, open space, including improved access.
Decision: That, contrary to the Officer’s recommendation, the application be refused, in principle, for the following reason:
- Loss of employment land
That, in view of the applicant’s right of appeal, the potential for costs, and for further advice to be sought from Shropshire Council’s Policy and Legal Officers, a further report detailing the refusal reason(s) be presented to a future meeting for approval by Members.
Quatford Filling Station, Quatford, Bridgnorth, WV15 6QJ (12/04242/FUL)
Erection of two 3 bedroom dwellings following demolition and removal of existing filling station buildings, canopy and associated paraphernalia.
Decision: That, subject to a Section 106 Agreement in respect of an affordable housing contribution, planning permission be granted in accordance with the Officer’s recommendation.
Land adjacent to The Rock, Oreton, Cleobury Mortimer, Shropshire, DY14 8RT (12/04415/FUL)
Siting of a temporary chalet and sealed septic tank.
Decision: That, contrary to the Officer’s recommendation, planning permission be granted, subject to the following condition:
- A Legal Agreement to ensure the chalet shall only remain in situ for as long as the chalet is required for use as living accommodation by (the named persons) and upon the cessation of the occupation shall be removed from the site and the land returned to its former condition.
Land to the rear of The Pheasant Inn, B4364 Neenton, Bridgnorth, WV16 6RJ (12/05069/FUL)
Residential development of 7 residential dwellings with new access road.
Decision: That, subject to a legal agreement to ensure that the erection of the open market housing secures the delivery of the community facility, planning permission be granted in accordance with the Officer’s recommendation.
For further information relating to each of the decisions go to our online planning register and search for an application by using the appropriate reference number or keyword.