South planning committee decisions
The following planning applications were considered and decided by Shropshire Council’s south planning committee at its meeting on Tuesday 21 August 2012.
Lion O’Morfe, Bridgnorth – 11/05176/COU
Change of use from public house to dwelling
Decision: That, contrary to the Officer’s recommendation, planning permission be refused for the following reasons:
- Inadequate marketing;
- Failure to demonstrate other alternatives or diversification had been properly explored; and
- Loss of a community asset.
The Orchard, Rocks Green, Ludlow – 12/01456/FUL
Formation of gypsy caravan site comprising one wooden chalet, 3 touring caravans, utility building comprising bathroom, living room and kitchen, and installation of septic tank drainage system.
Decision: That planning permission be granted in accordance with the Officer’s recommendation, subject to the following additional conditions:
- Prior to the commencement of the development details of fences and hedges shall be approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority, with any planting being carried out within the 2012/13 planting season.
- With the exception of the immediate access off the highway, the majority of the driveway to be constructed of a porous material.
49 Temeside, Ludlow – 12/01936/FUL
Conversion of garage into residential annexe/holiday let.
(i) That planning permission be granted in accordance with the Officer’s recommendation.
(ii) With reference to Informative No. 3, and in the interest of public safety, the applicant to be encouraged to install a sprinkler system.
Plot adj 10 The Paddock, Claverley – 12/02058/OUT
Erection of a detached dwelling
Decision: That, contrary to the Officer’s recommendation, planning permission be granted, subject to the completion of a Section 106 Agreement relating to the payment of an affordable housing contribution and standard outline planning conditions.
1B Cheapside, Shifnal – 12/02188/COU
Change of use from residential to office for private hire operator licence.
Decision: That planning permission be granted in accordance with the Officer’s recommendation, subject to the addition of the following informatives:
1. The applicant to be reminded that a licence must be obtained from the Licensing Officer to operate a taxi hire business.
2. The applicant to be reminded that the taxi cabs are to park to the rear of the premises (in the Forum car park) only and they are at no time to occupy the parking spaces available to shoppers at the front of the site.
To see the full agenda and reports, click here.
For further information relating to each of the decisions go to our online planning register and search for an application by using the appropriate reference number or keyword.