Free HR advice for small and medium-sized businesses
Shropshire HR, run by Shropshire Council, is offering businesses free advice on HR, recruitment and team development as part of a session to be held in St Martins next month (Wednesday 14 March 2018).
The session, which is open to small and medium-sized businesses in the Gobowen, St Martins, Weston Rhyn and Oswestry areas, will be delivered by two members of the highly experienced Shropshire HR team, in partnership with the ‘Three Parishes Big Local’.
Taking place at St Martins Centre from 9am until 12pm, the session will cover the basic principles of HR, recruitment and team building and will include:
- An introduction from Darren Edwards (HR business partner).
- ‘Engaging with staff’ – to cover performance management, communications, business planning, and motivating staff.
- ‘Dealing with problems’ – small scale HR issues, discipline, grievances, capability.
- Recruitment, selection, contracting, induction, and HR policies.
- ‘What’s coming up in 2018’ – an awareness of the major HR changes coming this year, to include Gender Pay Gap reporting, GDPR (data regulation), changes to minimum wage, and maternity allowance.
Steve Charmley, Shropshire Council’s Cabinet member for corporate support, said:
“These sessions are a must for any small or medium-sized business which is employing or thinking about employing staff.
“As well as covering day-to-day HR procedures, the session also helpfully gives those attending an insight into what changes businesses need to be mindful of over the coming weeks and months.
“The team look forward to seeing you there.”
The session is being held at St Martins Centre, Overton Road, St Martins, Oswestry, Shropshire, SY11 3AY.
To book a place email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/hr-recruitment-and-team-development-tickets-43020748216
About Shropshire HR
Shropshire HR has a wealth of experience and they already support many organisations including:
- Town councils and parish councils
- Care homes
- Schools, academies and colleges
- Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs).