Dean Carroll – Cabinet member for adult social care, public health and climate change
Dean has been Shropshire Councillor for the Battlefield division in Shrewsbury since 2017.
Before that he spent four years as Shropshire Councillor for the town’s Bagley division.
Dean was previously deputy Cabinet member for housing.
Before being elected to Shropshire Council, he served on Shrewsbury Town Council for four years.
Dean represents Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin on the West Midlands Combined Authority’s overview and scrutiny committee, and is vice-chair of governors at a local academy as well as being active in several local charities.
Dean is self-employed and in his spare time he enjoys watching football – particularly Chelsea and Shrewsbury Town – listening to music and playing the guitar.
On Cabinet Dean is responsible for:
Adult social care
- Adults with learning difficulties
- Carers support
- Data analytics
- Day centres
- First Point of Contact
- Integrated care services
- Partnership boards
- Social workers
- Community Safety Partnership
- Drug and alcohol services
- Health & Well-being Board
- Joint Strategic Needs Assessment
- Mental health services
- Partnerships with NHS Trusts
- Risk factors in pregnancy
- Smoking cessation
- Social prescribing
- Climate Action Plan
- Corporate Carbon Reduction Strategy
- Renewable Energy Strategy